Saturday, October 22, 2005

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Am I seein it now finally? I went and looked at a few apartments today. Okay, 2. And I signed up for one that I didn't even see!

I had planned on looking this morning, but regular Friday foolishness (this time including Dale Watson at the Broken Spoke, and a trip to IHOP at bar time) caused me to sleep until after noon.

A friend told me about moveforfree.com, who will move me out of storage into the new apartment for free. That will be a big help, especially since I'm on the third floor. The way it works, though, is that I had to search for and register the apartment complexes I was interested in through their website. Since I only registered three, those were really the only ones I could look at today. One of them turned out to be a dump, the other looked great but didn't have any units available until mid-Novemeber. So, I went with the only one left. If it hadn't passed the inspection I would've registered more complexes this weekend and looked at some more next week. But, since the place seemed perfectly fine I went ahead and signed up. One less thing to worry about. I don't think it's anything special, but it's gated, they have a nice exercise room, and my unit overlooks the pool, so I ain't complaining. The only thing I might have been interested in that they didn't have is reserved parking or garage rentals, but I'm not even sure I would get them if they were available. Oh, and I looked at a mid-size one bedroom but decided to go with the larger one. That's all I meant by not seeing the unit. The mid-size was fine but would've been a little cramped I think.

Right now I'm at Freebird's having a burrito. They kick ass. Also, Wisconsin is about to beat Purdue. They kick ass.

3 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

So which complex are you in

10:28 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

"Champion's Crossing" - a bit older place but seemed the right size. Decent reviews. And the only nice one I looked at that had a unit available. I imagine I'm less than a mile from your place; also looks like I'm very close to being on your hash trail.

11:12 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Wow, we can have a 78758 North Austin hash to counter the bubbas. DOF, S2, Trojan, Jugiffer, Padre, Brownie...and I suppose Brrr once she moves in with DOF.

Pitt is gonna whoop Wisconsin on new year's eve, FYI.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home