Monday, October 17, 2005

A Couple of Wings!

Found myself at a different wings location between work and downtown. I don't think I've been to this one before, but they are playing the music. I have just enough time for a few comments!

"Polk Salad Annie" / Tony Joe White - what the hell is Polk Salad? You don't need to look it up, just listen to the lyrics (or look the lyrics up like I had to) Man, her momma must've been a bad ass if she was workin' on the chain gang!! (a wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman, Lord have mercy. Pick a mess of it). This is some funky late 60's soul with the "sock it to me" brass parts (half-step 'trills', riffs that end on the minor seventh) Elvis covered this one, perfect choice for him. PS: the waitress told me they have a secret hotter than bentley sauce here called the 'Elvis'

"Old Time Rock & Roll" / Bob Seger - yeah, we've all heard this one (remember Risky Business, with the pre-scientologist non-judgmental Tom Cruise?) my comments has to do with oldies stations, so I haven't had to deal with this in awhile since our city doesn't have one. But why do they throw this song into the oldies mix? Just because it's about oldies doesn't make it an oldie. This came out in 1978, guys. You cause everyone to completely lose their oldies groove when you play late 70's classic rock on an oldies station.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

where was this place

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home