Monday, October 17, 2005

Do You Know Where You're Going To?

I suppose since I'm supposed to be moved out already that I should probably start looking for a new place to live.

I've had this aversion to moving into one of those apartment mega-complexes for some time, and have probably sworn I'd never live in one again. Some of my reasons for this are my thinking that I don't take advantage of the extras (pool, weight room, etc.), the possibility of annoying neighbors, that kind of thing. Probably my biggest fear, however, is turning even more into Office Space guy. The area of town I'm moving to is close to NI, IBM, Dell, etc. so I'm going to be surrounded by corporate drone types. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's kind of a stupid fear, really. Why should that matter, I'm pretty droney myself.

It seems I may be having a change of heart. The added responsibilities that come with living in a house don't seem worth the extra space, privacy, and $$$ right now. I want to be free of that. I also don't want a big place (I intend to keep the storage for awhile, hoping I'll be able to downsize somehow), would like the lower bills, and actually wouldn't mind being "around" other people (as long as I can always retreat to my apartment). I don't know any of my neighbors where I am right now; they all have families anyway. Maybe I can get to know some more cool people. Maybe I will use the workout room. Mr. fish pointed out a service that would get movers to get my stuff into one of these for free, too. You know I wouldn't mind that.

I suppose I could also go with a regular old fashioned non-apartment complex apartment and realize these benefits. It's strange, but that doesn't seem as appealing at the moment. Too boring?

1 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

if you need help looking, I am free on Wednesdays and Thursdays

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home