Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Dammit!

My sister (brother-in-law and niece too, hi Bridget!) had some excitement today. It turns out a dam less than a mile away from her house is threatening to burst and flood the town. Luckily for her, she lives upstream of the dam (green marker) and hasn't had to evacuate. I believe the dam in question is near the red marker.

The dam has been holding so far, the lake level has been dropping, and there has been sunny skies so far today. Keep your fingers crossed!

PS. I'm not 100% sure I have the right dam. The one I pointed out is the Whittenton St Dam, whereas the newspapers are referring to the Whittenton Pond dam, which I couldn't locate. I'll correct it later if it turns out I'm wrong.

1 Comments:

Blogger piannist said...

Nice google link! We think you have the right dam, although we enjoy google's interpretation of how to get to our house. It turns out that the road to the green arrow doesn't actually exist the whole length. The only way to really make it to Edgehill is to take Montclair, putting the green arrow at that intersection. Mapquest also has an interesting way to our house - bypassing one of the essential roads to turn onto in order to get here. I guess we're not meant to have anyone over...ever!
It's 7:30pm - helicopters covering the news have finally started going away, which means our headaches might also.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home