Thursday, October 28, 2004

Mood

Today got off to a bad start. I've been riding my motorcycle to work every day (see first entry for more info) except for those days when I know the weather is going to be crappy. I didn't have that choice today cause I finally took my car in to be fixed. So I got out to my bike, saw how wet I was going to get, and had to go back inside to change into some jeans and pack my work clothes to change into. That made me later than usual which means I have to stay at work later than usual.

I went to swap my motorcycle for my car during lunch. It no longer feels like the front wheels are going to fall off, so that's great! I don't have to cross my fingers through every turn anymore. The mechanics also diagnosed my engine problem as shorting spark plug wires, which I am going to take upon myself to fix. I really enjoy working on my car, so why should I have to pay for the mechanics to have all the fun? I was going to get the car inspected over lunch as well, but the car is stalling out at idle--an old problem I've gotten so used to that I am proficient at driving with one foot constantly on the accelerator to prevent stalling. Hopefully the problem is back this time because the car has to go through its idle-learning process again. If not, hopefully replacing the spark plug wires will fix it. If that fails, hopefully they will let me get the safety inspection with my foot on the accelerator the whole time. None of this stuff worsened my mood--I get much satisfaction out of the challenge of keeping the car going.

I think a lot of my mood is due to the stress of various things coming up--a couple things going on this weekend, and a couple things next weekend, on which my birthday falls. Also, last night I fell asleep on my bed with the lights on and my clothes on, which caused me to have a lot of dreams of getting some projects done in my room. Which was then followed by me waking up late for work and finding nothing accomplished.

I suppose the silver lining is that I've been feeling useful and important at work all week. Nothing to complain about there.

I sorta feeling like getting wings again. Not that I have time for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home