Thursday, October 14, 2004

Destined for Curry

Yesterday I enjoyed a pleasant change from my daily work routine. At a friend's invitation, I skipped out of work to watch him teach a class where he used a computer program I helped write. It was interesting to see how that all worked out. Beyond that, I felt this overwhelming feeling of freedom for those several hours I escaped the office. That's what I'll remember the most, and I think that's a sign that it may be time to look for something more satisfying to do for 40 hours a week. Getting back to work immediately didn't appeal to me, so we had lunch at the college food court. I wandered to the Indian food counter, looking for some curry. There wasn't any, but I was unable to extricate myself from the transaction and ended up with some okay but not great Indian something or other.

As luck would have it, that evening after several beers I found myself at a different friend's house being treated to some homemade curry. Exactly what I wanted and just the right spiciness (very hot but not quite to the point of sniffles). Nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ash said...

The program you're referring to is Gerrymander, no? I'd like to try that somethime. Got a OS X version? Windows?

3:00 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I sent Chris a copy. If anyone else is curious, let me know and I'll send you a copy. I don't want to make it publicly available yet since its a work in progress (and has potential commercial value!)

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home