Monday, October 25, 2004

80's Compilation

OK, I hit the restaurant a day early this week. I just couldn't wait any longer for some wings. Mmmm! They're still playing 80's. Someday they'll go back to oldies and I'll be really happy again. I can't single out one song today and nothing really grabbed me so here's some short comments on a bunch:

"Delirious" / Prince - Hmm, anyone remember this one? A forgotten Prince song for me. Obnoious keyboard part, and I believe a title track to what is probably a bad movie that I'm too scared too look up on imdb.

"Middle of the Road" / The Pretenders - Not obscure at all, probably a staple on many stations. But I want to mention it because after Chrissie Hynde counted measures during the break, my sisters and I used to continue counting out loud 'til the end of the song.

"Just a Giggolo" / David Lee Roth - Who's idea was this, Roth's? His producer's? I just can't imagine Roth coming up with this dumb idea cause I can't imagine him ever being in a situation where he would have heard this song in the first place.

"Total Eclipse of the Heart" / Bonnie Tyler - The quintessential 80's ballad. What else can I say?

"Human Touch" / Rick Springfield - The quintessential 80's artist. Now that I'm home, I can't even think of how this one goes now. I guess that makes it pretty forgettable. I'll never forget "Jesse's Girl," though.

"(How to be a) Millionaire" / ABC - Ugh, there has to be some new wave in this list, right? I think I remember buying sheet music to this one. What a joke!

"Workin' for the Weekend" / Loverboy - I like the guitar riff. Lots of energy in this song. Too bad I'm hearing it on Monday.

PS. I asked the waitress for a pen while I was eating so I could write down the names of these songs. I think she might've thought I was going to give her my phone number or something. It was a weird situation, and I may have to do it again.

No I didn't give her my phone number, BTW.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home