Friday, April 24, 2009

Texas Round-Up 10K Goal

The ARC Sprint Series continues tomorrow morning with the Texas Round-Up 10K. I'm really not looking forward to it since my days of easily beating my previous time are over. Now that I have a decent 10K time, it's not automatic. My runs lately haven't been great. I've only been running 5K every other day or so, and while it feels like I'm running at a decent pace I've only been doing it in 25 or 26 minutes. So, my only chance of beating my previous 10K of 48:45 is if that race-factor that somehow makes me run a few minutes faster is in effect.

The course is at least more interesting for a downtown course. This one starts and ends just north of the Capitol and actually dares to travel east of I-35 for a bit.

I guess I'll be happy with (and therefore my goal is) 50 minutes tomorrow. Eh... I'll be happy with 51.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, since you ran in the Texas Round-Up 10K, I thought you might be interested in this opportunity for virtually free access to our fitness website for being a TX resident. The details to Make Texas Fit Day on Friday May 1st are found here...http://tinyurl.com/c9tc2r
Please feel free to pass this on to all your TX friends and family.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

what was your time?

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home