Thursday, April 09, 2009

Unknown Song

I'm still recovering from a cold and haven't done much after work this week. Last night I did manage to get in a 4-5 mile run through Guadalupe River Park and back on Santa Clara/The Alameda, and go to dinner with my dad.

A few nights ago I was debating whether to walk down to the Safeway and pick up some stuff. I'm glad I did, because they played a song on their PA system that made me think. "Oh, I haven't heard this song in a long time." "I've heard this song a million times." "What is the name of this song? When did it even come out? I have no idea who this is!" I was surprised I had no idea on any of this since the song seemed so familiar to me. Anyway, I looked it up and it's a song from 1983 from one of the former members of Traffic (not Steve Winwood, but he makes an appearance in the video). Jim Capaldi.

2 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

I've never heard that song before in my life. Isn't that guy with the perm on Law and Order now?

7:16 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Yeah he is, but I only know that from the comments on the YouTube video. Really, never heard this one? You need to pay more attention at the grocery store.

I can remember thinking the video was really boring when it was on MTV, but I was only eleven years old.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home