Tuesday, April 07, 2009

SXSW 2009

Yeah, haven't felt like saying much lately. I'm on my third and final week in Cali, not really missing home but not dying to stay here any longer either.

My last post was right before SXSW. This year wasn't as good as last year, and I got burned a couple of times by bands/clubs that were late. Everything I saw last year was on time so I was really surprised by this. Taking the days off of work and trying to stay all night didn't work out so well, as I developed a headache by 8:00 a couple of nights and ended up going home early. The free drinks during the day weren't as alluring as I'd imagined. A few places you would have to show up right at noon to get the freebies, and I wasn't motivated to show up that early. Still, SXSW had its redeeming moments, including Louris/Olson at SXSJ (not officially SXSW, and free BTW), members of the Bar-Kays at the Continental Club, and some fun Spanish and Japanese bands at Opal Divine's. I'll have to think hard about how to handle next year. Just the day w/no wristband or just the night w/wristband is probably the way to go--not both.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

Hmmm. That first paragraph pretty much describes how I felt about Cali, too.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home