Thursday, March 12, 2009

CNET

Thirteen or so years ago I started frequenting a website to research recommendations for consumer electronics. I bought my first PC based on their pick. I believe it was called ZDnet at the time, but has since evolved to CNET. A few years ago, I started listening to a podcast they put out that discussed tech news and products. It was shortly before the release of the iPhone, so most of their discussions centered around that product. It wasn't so much that I was interested in consumer electronics that I was listening, but I thought it a good way to familiarize myself with the San Francisco tech community as I was going to be out there for work for a bit.

I stopped listening to that podcast some time ago, but upon realizing I was going to head back out to SF in a few weeks, I started listening to that podcast and a few other cnet podcasts a few weeks ago. My favorite at the moment is "the 404" which seems to be less about tech, but more about the hosts making fun of each other, and poop jokes. And it's recorded in New York, so that doesn't make sense either.

Last week I made a comment about my failing eyesight on their MP3 podcast blog, and they mentioned my comment on their podcast this week. So if you want to hear what PlaysByEar has to say about headphones, check that out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home