Saturday, February 28, 2009

Daisy 5K

I met my goal, easily! I am faster than I thought. My mind must still be calculating at 10K or half marathon pace.

The start was at Rogue Equipment, which was also where the Skirt Chaser 5K started last October. That race had me finishing at 22:15, which led me to believe that either the course was short or the timing was screwed up, because I knew I couldn't be that fast. They didn't have chip timing and I didn't wear my Forerunner at that race, so I don't really didn't count it as an official time. At least I can't be sure. This mornings race, however, I can be sure of.

My chip time was 23:02, and that matched the forerunner output. Mile splits of 7:02, 7:22, 7:38. I'm really happy, but now I'm starting to wonder if I need to be puking across the finish line to know that I gave it my complete effort! The weather this morning was my preferred 50ish degrees, but it was really windy. Also, unlike the Skirt Chase which primarily went west-east, this one went down to the river, so there were some minor hills involved. Maybe the Skirt Chaser was correct? Anyway, I will count this one as my new PR (since high school). This was the first of the five SPRINT series races. I've set the bar pretty high now, but I think there's still room for improvement!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Damn, now you gotta go sub-20!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home