Monday, November 27, 2006

Feels Like School

Last Wednesday (or maybe through an email on Thursday) I promised the guy in charge of our project that I’d finish a work item this weekend. I managed to avoid doing it all weekend, and really impressed myself when I even pulled the old trick of telling myself I’d do it when I got up this morning. I don’t know how many times I had to do that at school... and it sucks because besides the fact that you truly run out of time, you don’t get a good night sleep because you keep on waking up worrying about it. Anyway, I did get up at 5 am and started working on it. I wasn’t done when I left for work, but I did get to work on time and it was a good feeling getting there completely awake. I finished it sometime this morning, and everything was fine. It’s nice that our deadlines are flexible, and that there aren’t many repercussions for doing something late (or being late for that matter). But that’s also the thing that sucks—it doesn’t feel like anyone cares or is even paying attention most of the time, so that makes it harder to want to do a good job.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

You're one of THOSE kids aren't you? You know, the ones who wrote their term paper the night before it was due, got an A and screwed the curve for the rest of the class!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Sorry.

A couple times I didn't even write the term paper because I knew my final grade would be high enough anyway, so that helped the rest of the class.

10:20 PM  
Blogger piannist said...

Yea, and then I had to deal with the teachers recognizing me as your little sister, so I must live up to your performance...man, you screwed me and Holly over big time!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home