Saturday, November 11, 2006

The new toll roads are here!!! The new toll roads are here!!!

Before they opened on November 1, I had already examined the maps and thought: "the distance appears to be the same, I guess I'll stick to my normal commute since it's free." Man was I wrong... the higher speed limit, the lack of traffic lights--I'm hooked already. It'll be free until February but as long as I'm living where I am now, I'll be taking it. My old commute involved seven stop lights, and more than 10 minutes, just to get to the Interstate. Now I am down to two to get to the toll road, and if they ever open the stupid onramp north of Parmer it will be down to zero. I estimate I am saving 30 minutes a day taking the toll roads. I almost don't want to move further south because of the improvement, but another way to look at it is that I can live farther away now with the same commute time. Or move farther away setting up a different commute that won't involve tolls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

But the whole idea was to have you move closer to reduce toll payment (well, driving, actually).

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home