Sunday, April 23, 2006

Notes

I'm happy that I made myself run six days last week--every day except Thursday. And, I did it outside, in some bad head and humidity. Hopefully, I'll be able to run outside through the summer. I'm not sure I've done that before down here. My distance/time is still quite low but I think to be concentrating on consistency right now is the key. I should probably start signing up for some 5K or 10Ks.

I got my hair seriuosly chopped yesterday. Normally I tell the barber to cut it short and they don't cut it quite short enough. Not this time.. they went a little too far. Oh well, I always say I won't complain if they take too much off, so I didn't. I think it makes me look older though, which I don't like.

Some band drama... one of our members is thinking of quitting. A bunch of small reasons, but he brought up one that is really starting to bug me and that is stage presence, which we don't have much of. I have noticed we don't have much but what I didn't connect to it is a big reason why--some of our players use lyrics/chords sheets. You can't exactly make eye contact with the audience when you're reading off a sheet. When I notice how much effort it being put into technical issues instead of memorizing songs, it really starts to bug me. A lot of the stuff we play these guys have been listening to for 30 years... and you're telling me you need to read the lyrics?

This afternoon I'll be pouring beer at the end of the MS 150 ride. I really enjoy pouring beer for people. Can you believe some people get paid for doing this?

1 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

There's no such thing as bad head. Good on ya for all the running though.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home