Thursday, April 13, 2006

Workin'

I'm in a pretty good mood tonight. I think it's because I felt valuable at work today. I haven't started the new position yet, still the old one, but for the last two days I've sort of been an authority at day long meetings, partly because I was the most senior guy in my group there, and since there were more senior people in other groups there that couldn't pretend to know the answers to the questions I was answering, it was even better.

There is a relatively new person in our group who's duties are time consuming, difficult, and important. Unfortunately she isn't getting much support from others in our group. It reminds me of when I first started at the company and was given many things to do simultaneously, which was a bit overwhelming. What sucked is that some people wouldn't assist because they felt above these duties. So, she was the other person in our group at these meetings this week and it felt good to help her out when I could. Because I've been there.

People are starting to pull the gossipy who's-a-good-worker-who-isn't stuff out of me, which is unusual because I'm normally very quiet about that stuff. I attribute it to the fact that I won't be in this group much longer. Another week, maybe two, and then I will hopefully be doing something more fitting to my education and abilities.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pittchick said...

Good Luck. Are you changing companies or just positions in the company?

10:23 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Same company, so the commute isn't going to get any better!

11:17 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Blah, blah, blah...is the new girl hot or what?

8:39 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

No she isn't... don't you think I would've mentioned it if she was?

11:07 AM  
Blogger mike said...

Okay, she isn't hot by Austin standards. By Taylor standards? They get at least a 5 handicap out there, ya know. State law. And still none will ever be over a 10 by austin standards, unless they are just visiting.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home