Friday, January 20, 2006

Gig Tonight

I apologize for not inviting any of y'all to my gig tonight, but I hope you understand.  There are too many unknowns and if I go down in flames I'd rather you not see it!  There is another show in a couple weeks and you can check it out then.  Unfortunately, I will have to miss the February Mad Cowboys show because it is on the same night.  Oh well, at least there's no more appropriate excuse for missing it.

I was up until nearly 2 last night, so I'll be lucky if I don't fall asleep and miss the gig altogether.  At least I got a lot done yesterday.  I bought a used laptop, installed Office, MIDI drivers, browsers, etc., mapped another dozen songs or so, and got my program in a stable condition, which I will attempt to use tonight.  Right now all the program does is select the appropriate patch after typing in a few letters of a song title, but I imagine next week I'll be able to finish the display to show where each instrument is mapped on the keyboard.  Many songs have an organ on the lower half, horns on the top, occasionally a drum effect on one particular note.  It's a little hard to keep track of where everything is for 40 songs in my head, so that display will come in quite handy.

4 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

Goood Luck Tonight

11:23 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Chicken

11:56 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Good luck....although I'm pretty sure you will be just fine.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

You're gonna rock! If you can play Weezer on an accordian after a day at the ACL Festival, you can do anything!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home