Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Weekend News

Some of you know that I went to El Paso (and Juarez, Mexico) this weekend.  Everyone else is wondering... "Why on Earth would you do that?  Why didn't you visit me instead?"

Sunday I got a voice mail I was expecting.  Since it's been a week and a half since I last talked to them, I assumed it was bad news.  But surprisingly it wasn't—I have been asked to join the band I tried out for, and I accepted.  It would've been nice to know a week ago, since the first gig is this Friday, we won't practice again before that, and I only know about 1/3 of the songs so far.  Can you say "winging it?"

9 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

so is this going to be a public gig? Time for you to start trying to talk them into playing Tex Interhash for free beer and boobies

10:10 AM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

congratulations by the way.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Chris Ash said...

Nice. Good job. I can think of no-one more eminently qualified to Wing-it than you.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Sweet! Congratulations, now you literally and figuratively rock.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Oh yeah, and before Brownie says it, your band sucks

10:56 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Too late--Brownie said it on Monday. He was right there when I checked my voice mail.

11:05 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

Yes, I am always on the cutting edge of telling people how much they suck! When are yunz guys touring Colorado?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Yay! Congrats Squeezin'! Can't wait to come check you guys out. What's the name of the band anyway?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Squeezin....awesome job! Can't wait to see you guys play!!!!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home