Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Move

My roommate moved out in June and I've been dragging my feet ever since. Last month I gave my landlord a date of October 15, and I plan on sticking to it. I am going to get the bulk of my stuff out this Saturday, a week early, and move it into storage temporarily as I haven't found a new place to live yet. This may seem stupid as it's going to result in my effectively moving stuff twice, but I am so worried about getting everything out and getting the place cleaned up that I haven't been able to think about where I'm going to end up. Also, I am a kind of fascinated with the idea of not being tied down by my stuff or a lease for awhile. But I don't really expect to be homeless for long, or maybe at all. I'm thinking next week I'll find someplace new and I'll move my stuff again that weekend or the following one. Quite expectedly, packing activities still haven't taken off yet. I really don't anticipate it taking too long, I just need to get myself to get started. Tonight. My truck is scheduled for first thing Saturday morning, so I have run out of time. I can't wait for this to be over so I can work on other things.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ash said...

You know, my company has 125 apartments listed in the Austin area. Tell 'em Start Renting sent ya!

or not.

1:34 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Darnit I thought I turned the comment spam filter on!

Actually I may look at a few of your listed apts...

2:03 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

hopefully this little move will not deter you from being at the greatest hash of the year this Sunday

2:33 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Nope, I don't think it will! See ya there!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home