Friday, July 08, 2005

Forgotten 80's with Wings

Heard last night:


"What is Love?" - Howard Jones - I've heard his other hits lately but forgot about this one!


"Affair of the Heart" - Rick Springfield - I wasn't sure this was him until I looked it up. I may have to buy his greatest hits if he has one. I can't seem to get enough of his crappy music.


"Lies" - Thompson Twins - This is one of those 80's songs that uses that "oriental" music following a line using the word "Japan." You know what I mean, lots of fourths... also in songs like "China Girl" (Bowie) "Turning Japanese" (Vapors) etc. Why don't I hear that riff in music anymore? Is it offensive, or did it just get old? Yes, I realize "oriental" is considered offensive too, but it's interesting to note that it's really only considered that way here in North America (see link).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home