Saturday, May 28, 2005

Where My Bed Is

Last night I found myself talking about other places I've lived, which isn't uncommon. Someone was talking about a job he applied for and how he had to write down all the places he'd lived over the past seven years. That got my mind working on this little exercise I find myself performing occasionally. How many residences have I had in my life? I used the following criteria:

a) must have lived there a month or longer
b) must have paid rent or was a dependent

No need for specific addresses, the street name is enough to keep everything straight. The identical entries are not typos but a different residence on that street.

1. 5th st, Pearl Harbor, HI
2. ???, Eau Claire, WI
3. Fontaine Circle, Madison, WI
4. Brandon Rd, Madison, WI
5. W Dayton St, Madison, WI
6. Old University Ave, Madison, WI
7. Old University Ave, Madison, WI
8. W Mifflin St, Madison, WI
9. Semoran Hwy, Winter Park, FL
10. St Ives Rd, North Charleston, SC
11. Suisse Chalet, Groton, CT
12. BOQ, Pearl Harbor, HI
13. Kahoaloha Ln, Honolulu, HI
14. Colerain Rd, St Marys, GA
15. Moeckel Ln, St Marys, GA
16. Lancaster St, Jacksonville, FL
17. Sherman Ter, Madison, WI
18. Brooks St, Madison, WI
19. Sherman Ter, Madison, WI
20. Hwy 7, St Louis Park, MN
21. James Ave, Minneapolis, MN
22. Enfield Rd, Austin, TX
23. Treadwell St, Austin, TX

So I guess that's an average of a little under a year and a half per residence. Can you beat it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

This should be fun.

1. Balston Road, Philadelphia, PA
2. Ronald Drive, Philadelphia, PA
3. Chesterfield Road, Philadelphia, PA
4. Brookview Road, Philadelphia, PA
5. Balston Road (again, same house), Philadelphia, PA
6. 318 Peabody Hall, Temple U, Philadelphia, PA
7. Brown St, Philadelphia, PA
8. Croskey St, Philadelphia, PA
9. Poplar St, Philadelphia, PA
10. Poplar St (different house), Philadelphia, PA
11. Balston Road (same house, again!), Philadelphia, PA
12. Ridge Road, Tylersport, PA
13. Ridge Pike, Lafayette Hill, PA
14. Parrish St, Philadelphia, PA
15. Blair Mill Road, Horsham, PA
16. Sarahs Lane, Horsham, PA
17. Ridge Ave, Philadelphia, PA
18. Rochelle Ave, Philadelphia, PA

Number 19 is coming up in a month. Looking over the list it's kind of interesting that I lived on an Avenue, Pike and Road all with the name of Ridge. Hmmm. I've made it about 20 months per residence since birth. Yikes.

2:37 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Wow, quite a response to this one! I too had a fun time with google maps exploring areas where I used to live. It's fun how just looking at a map helps you remember old times.

I didn't think I was going to be beaten, but I was proven wrong rather quickly! My military advantage matched and surpassed by overseas and dependent residences. My dad has provided a correction that'll bring me up to 24, but still not enough.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Mary Priscilla Niec said...

What did you think of Sherman Terrace? I'm thinking of renting there... thanks! Like this post!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home