Thursday, May 26, 2005

Household Challenges

This afternoon I find myself reminiscing about some household projects that were annoying yet enjoyable on some level, I guess for the challenge of it. Like last summer, when to combat the ant problem in my bathroom I relentlessly would follow the ant trail to and from the traps and seal the choke points with caulk (rather than just let the traps do the job). After weeks of patience, I was eventually successful. Or, when I lived in Hawaii, how I had a wall unit AC that would drip into a bucket on the lanai. I'd rather have left in on all day, but I'd have to shut it off when I went to work or the bucket would overflow and bother the neighbor below. My attempts at directing the water off the lanai were unsuccessful. Funny, it doesn't sound so hard now. I'd have just needed a short length of hose, right? I guess I never made it out to the Home Depot for that one.

As I let my mind wander, I'm remembering how I used to take my full sized keyboard on board the submarine when we deployed. It's heavy and big, so it was a pain in the ass to move around. I am glad I had it along though. Before finally finding a good storage spot between the periscope wells, I stored it in my bed, which didn't have much room to begin with. Storing stuff on my bed is a habit I still have, unfortunately. If you've seen my bed, you know what I'm talking about—but at least there's more room now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home