Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Leave Him Alone (obligatory MJ song title pun)

Apparently no one in Austin had a visible reaction to the Jacko verdict, as the print version of today's local newspaper featured reaction pictures from Times Square and Racine, WI of all places. Oddly enough, I found myself standing in Times Square watching the jumbotron when the verdict for the "Trial of the Century" (20th century, that is) was read. People cheered, booed, and honked their horns no matter what side they were on. In other words, normal NYC behavior. A sharp contrast this time, as I found myself sitting at my work computer, trying in vain to refresh a news web page for the verdict before someone in a nearby cube inevitably and excitedly blurted out "he's innocent!" You win, guy. Now lets all waste the rest of the work day talking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home