Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Songs and So Longs

It’s Tuesday, and, for the time being, that means its time for my entry about whatever song peaked my interest on the soundtrack at that place I go to eat chicken wings (see last Tuesday's post). They were playing 80’s again, and this time it was “Genius of Love” by Tom Tom Club. Let me digress for a moment here and say that it took me a good ten minutes to figure out which song this was on the internet. Apparently Mariah Carey has sampled this for a song of hers not once, but twice! That led me astray. Geez, M, its funky but c’mon, recycling something twice can’t be healthy. Okay, so I chose this one only because it reminds me of the Kia commercial it was used in awhile ago, the one with the blonde girl who first has the hippie boyfriend with stinky feet, then the yuppie lawyer who talks on the cell phone too much, then she finally gets pulled over by a cop and she thinks he’s cute. I’m only remembering this commercial cause I think she is cute, too. And she’s blonde! That hasn’t been my type for like five years now. Enough of that…

I had a hard time motivating myself to go downtown to the bartender’s party, but I finally made it after ten. By that point, the food and the band was over, but I still had time to wish her well in Alaska. Aspiring bartenders take notice—she remembered my name after I had only been to the bar ONCE. Completely shocking to me, and very professional for a bartender. She also guided me through the 100 different beers I had to drink to graduate the bar’s beer college (my name is now displayed on a plaque at the bar), without any annoyance on her part.

PS. On the jukebox they played my favorite Bond theme song, "Thunderball." I couldn’t hear it very well so I’ll have to listen to the mp3 now before I go to sleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home