Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Gigs

I have been busy with gigs lately--an average of one a week since the beginning of July, and they are often outside of Austin. Tomorrow I have a gig in town, and on Saturday I have a gig in New Mexico which will pay at least four times more than I've ever made on a gig--so it will cover gas money and then some. I'm starting to feel guilty for not being as good a guitar player as I should be. The guilt is finally motivating me to practice more, which is good. It looks like I'll get a little bit of a break after a four day fair near the beginning of September, which will be nice since it'll give me the chance to see some more music again rather than play it.

Don't fret, I have more TPIR updates coming. I missed a few more car games!

3 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Dude, you're a rock star. You don't have to be good.

12:40 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Good point! I forgot about that.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Buzz said...

Yeah man, do the dang thing. It's pretty cool how involved you are with music.

Back in the high life is up tempo, but if there's mandolins it makes me all wussed out.

Dreams: Navy Blue Angels in the video, other than that I can't help you out.

Good point on the REM tune. Nightswimming and Daysleeper are good too but not sure if they're 80's songs or not.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home