Monday, June 23, 2008

Mash-Up 1: Rush On Down the Line (B.A.D. II / Leatherbag)

The first of many, I hope! After all, I do have a long list. I'm still figuring out the right way to do it so I am still experiencing some synchronization issues, but it was fun putting together so I'll probably do more. What I hope is that by combining songs from more well known bands with lesser known bands, listeners may become curious about the lesser known bands and check 'em out. I'm also wondering how the bands would react, if they ever heard it. I saw Leatherbag at Hole in the Wall the weekend before last.

Rush On Down The Line

My list is at least five mash-ups long, and I add to it whenever one song I have in my head reminds me of another. It turns out that all that means is that the two songs are in close to the same key and are close to the same tempo. That still results in some otherwise random combinations, but at least the songs will fit together well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ash said...

Nice job. From what I can tell, Leatherbag sounds like Velvet Underground, which is a favorable comparison.

I really like how the mashup works. The choruses especially. Baron approves!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home