Wednesday, July 30, 2008

TPIR Car Games Ranked

Here's my ranking of TPIR car games, from favorite to least favorite. Did I miss any? What is your favorite and least favorite?



1. One Away - I like the involved process of having to ask the sound effects lady how many number you've got right


2. Money Game - it's fun how they occasionally go "el cheapo" with the last two numbers of the car being relatively low like the first two numbers. I like the reveal on this one, and I always like it when it's possible to win a paltry sum, in this case probably less than $300.


3. Golden Road - the game is really simple (not easy, but simple) still I have to love this one since the car is always super expensive and they rarely play it


4. Any Number - I love how you can end up winning the piggy bank (less than $10!)


5. Spelling Bee - nice design with the hexagon shapes and bee colors. Nice temptation option with $500 per card


6. Ten Chances - the way people can screw up writing the numbers down makes this one fun and difficult to watch at the same time


7. Let 'em Roll - good dramatic ending as the dice go down the slide and hopefully land on CAR. Also nice option to take the $


8. 5 Price Tags - the set on this one is so big, it makes the game feel big


9. Hole in One (or Two) - nice that it involves the actual physical skill of putting, but I think the hole is too big and it's too easy now that you get two chances


10. Pathfinder - fun to try and figure out the whole path from the first square before they start


11. Stack the Deck - this one is pretty new and it's not too long, but nothing about it excites me yet


12. Temptation - either the temptation prizes are too nice or the car isn't nice enough, because I usually think it's crazy to go for the car


13. Dice Game - all numbers in the price of the car are 1-6? boring


14. Three Strikes - used to like this one but it's too hard and can go on for too long


15. Lucky $even - way too hard


16. That's Too Much - too long and too difficult--shouting out "that's too much!" seems like it should be fun, but it's stupid. I fast forward through this one


17. Card Game - this game is so boring and it takes forever. I fast forward through this one

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

I had to google tpir to find out wtf you were talking about...

12:09 PM  
Blogger piannist said...

I was looking for Lucky Seven near the top, thinking maybe you had left it our. #15? Really?
I don't know if it's one of my favorites of just the first one that came to mind.

5:14 PM  
Blogger piannist said...

Yea, I meant "left it out." With a T.

5:15 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I should have wrote more about L$. Too hard cause you can never win guessing 5 the whole time. There's always an extreme high or low number, but you have no idea which one it is. I also don't like the color scheme, and the huge numbers look very ominous.

One nice thing about the game is that the car is right next to the contestant, making this the most comon game for the contestant to ask if the model comes with the car.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home