Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Short Gig

I had a short gig Sunday night. We played 5 songs or so, which works out to $14 per song, not bad. Our drummer is also in a brass band and he was able to make us part of the gig. Things were a little hairy when he thought we were also set up, introduced us, and started playing the drums. Then our lead guitar player says he won't be ready for 5 minutes! It would've looked dumb if the drummer stopped, so I started playing chords on guitar and the bass player joined in as soon as he was ready. Great, my first guitar solo in front of an audience, consisting of boring chords! Our drummer was playing our first song, Gimmee All Your Lovin', so I was mostly just playing the guitar chords to that, but got a little adventurous when three minutes of that got a little boring. I wish I could've thought of something cool to play on the keyboard, maybe I would've impressed the hot music major keyboard player in his other band. It was a nice short gig with free BBQ, and we turned it up and scared all the real old folks off.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home