Saturday, April 26, 2008

This Week

This week went pretty fast. Work was busy and the nights that I had nothing going on I felt like crap and slept. Wednesday we had a refreshingly different gig where we only had to play one set instead of three, so it was nice to show up later than usual. It would've been nice to leave earlier than usual if I hadn't decided to take advantage of the leftover free beer tickets. We played at Rock City Ice House which is a new place by Highland Mall. It used to be a Mexican restaurant. I think it's a great live venue because they've put in a nice three foot stage with stairs on both ends, they have a wide open floor, an appropriately placed sound booth, and best of all straight back from the stage they have two garage doors open to a patio where you can sit outside and still see and hear the band well. The owners are dooming themselves by charging a cover on a Wednesday night. Not only is it the wrong night, but also the wrong area of town and the wrong age of a club to be charging a cover. There was no one there and I'm sure they didn't make any more money because of the bands. We didn't get paid anything other than free beer so they didn't lose money because of us, but they didn't make any more. They need to let people in for free until they get a good reputation.

Thursday I felt like crap again.

Friday I planned on seeing a whole bunch of good bands at The Mohawk, playing on both the indoor and outdoor stages, but I got stuck at LJ's while a heavy thunderstorm was going on outside. I didn't end up seeing anything, but tonight I plan on seeing The Ugly Beats at Lambert's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home