Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wing's My Life

Wow, that was weird.

"It's My Life" / No Doubt

It is just strange that anyone decided to cover this 80's song. I think its important that if a group puts out a cover that they need to add something to the original, except of course if you're in a cover band and must sound EXACTLY like the original. No Doubt did a good job with their version, so much that I probably think of this one more than the original now. Also I would like to mention that I love everything No Doubt and Gwen Stefani has done, and I'm surprised I don't own any of their music.

"It's My Life" / Bon Jovi

As I was googling "It's My Life" to verify I was remembering the original artist of the above song correctly (Talk Talk), this song came up first. What's weird is that this song played here about half an hour ago, I debated blogging about it, and decided not to. It didn't even cross my mind that these two songs have the same name. Anyway, now that I've mentioned it I'll include my comments which are: I hate this song, probably because it never goes away. It came out in 2000 and doesn't seem to ever have left the airwaves. I was thinking this before I started bowling a few years ago and it was on that same damned mix CD they played every week.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Buzz said...

As for no doubt. Dude, they are an absolute BLAST to see live.

Maybe in my top three favorite shows to see live along with Garth Brooks and Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Aww hell, Rage against the Machine is awesome too.

As for the "It's my life" connundrum, I have another similar experience with a Bob Mould song I was searching for.

"Whichever Way the Wind Blows"

All I kept getting was this fruity toyota commercial jingle, it definetly took some digging.

B.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home