Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Job

So if I constantly tell myself that the only reason I stay at this job is for the money--yet I have plenty of money saved up, so I don't need any money for the forseeable future--what reason do I have to stay?

If you were paid $X/hour (or $XK a year, whatever) to jump up and down for 8 hours a day, or something equally pointless, wouldn't you have to quit eventually, no matter what X was?

If I quit, does that mean I'm throwing away the last four years it took to get "here," or does that mean that I'm choosing not to waste my future?

I would really like to hear y'all complain about your jobs, for some much needed perspective.

3 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Take some of that $X dollars per year you make and go buy a pint, because you need to drink for whining!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

What B-dizzle said

11:54 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I'm a step ahead of you guys--I bought a pint before, during, and after I wrote this. At LJ's, because I am a loyal customer and still appreciate the free beer they've given us.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home