Thursday, January 24, 2008

Six Wings Ate

"Got my Mind Set on You" - George Harrison

From Cloud Nine, George's 1987 album and first album in 5 years. This might actually probably the first Beatles/post-Beatles CD I ever bought. It was part of my NES collection of CDs I would listen to while playing Super Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda. It is one of those rare songs that songs with a multi-measure drum intro. Like most of the music I like, it is simple and catchy. Not much going on lyrically either--remember Weird Al's parody "This Song is Just Six Words Long?" This was a good album, with other hits such as "Devil's Radio" and "When We Was Fab." You can also hear Jeff Lynne's influence. This was the beginning of the Travelling Wilburys sound I imagine.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

I'd never heard the wierd al song, so I went on youtube to find it. Interesting that I'd never noticed it was only 6 word long until I heard the parody

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home