Saturday, January 26, 2008

Believe It Or Not

I think I've found a new regular band to see! Like my other regular band the Mad Cowboys, they play once a month on Fridays at the Carousel Lounge. They are the Greatest American Heroes, and they play TV themes and surf rock. They came up in conversation at practice last week, and after practice Friday me and our guitar player went down to Carousel to check them out. I only got to see the second set, but they played awesome stuff like Wonder Woman, Green Acres, Three's Company, the Dating Game--really awesome stuff to see live. The crowd was really into it too, up on the dance floor at times. The band has a trumpet player which really adds a lot. They played Miserlou and Tequila which sounded great and I tried to make the point to our guitar player why I'm OK playing background brass on the keys but never want to play trumpet or sax leads on the keys. It just doesn't compare at all to the real thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gagger said...

They sound fun! I wanna go. :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

The next show is only a month away!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home