Friday, January 25, 2008

Staying Put

Finally--I'm NOT going on the next work trip! I realized it this week when someone who is going asked my why I wasn't. Of course, my boss didn't bother to tell the rest of us anything about the trip--like even when it is, even though we are all on the project and need to know. My first reaction was my typical negative one, and I started thinking maybe I'm not going on the trip because they are planning on firing me or something. But now I'm pretty sure there's a real reason, that being that I need to be here to support the system being delivered now. And, my boss not keeping everyone informed is not unusual. It is somewhat amusing watching everyone once again spend days and days struggling to figure out how to get airplane tickets and hotels, something that would take me an hour or two. I work with morons.

The truth is I'm really glad I'm not going. Besides the fact that it puts the rest of my life on hold, the quality of our work out there is just not high enough to give me any satisfaction anymore. While working out there was initially better than working with people here, I have been impressed with the new people I've worked with recently on the system being delivered. I wonder if there's a way I could be permanently transferred to that group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home