Monday, October 16, 2006

What I TiVo

Here is what I'm TiVoing now:

MythBusters

This is my favorite show. I've been watching 2-3 reruns on the weekends to catch up and the new ones each week. If you haven't seen it, what they do is test urban legends, which involve all sorts of fun things like remote controlled cars (full size), ballistics gel, crash test dummies, guns, etc. Jaimie and Adam are a good onscreen duo with Jaimie being the quieter, reserved type and Adam being the obnoxious, crazier type.

The Office

All of us with stupid office jobs can relate. I started watching this last year. I don't think it's as good now that the Pam/Jim thing has more focus and is headed towards resolution, but it's still really good.

My Name is Earl

I think I started TiVoing this one at the same time as The Office. I didn't think I'd like this show when I first saw it, but it is clever and has grown on me.

Doctor Who

I watched this BBC sci-fi series a lot on PBS in the 80's. I think the BBC format back then was four 30 minute episodes to a story, but PBS would show them all back to back making it more like a movie. Now it's back with brand new episodes in an hour long format. This week's episode brought back a couple of characters from the old shows which was really great to see.

Real World/Road Rules Challenge

Yep, I still enjoy watching these characters fight, complain, struggle to complete a half mile run, and get drunk. It was a nice surprise to see this back on last week. Now they don't even have to "serve their time" on a series of Road Rules or Real World. I bet that pissed off the veterans.

Best Week Ever

Keeps me up to speed on what pop culture to make fun of.

Pardon the Interruption

I don't watch this one as often anymore but still TiVo it daily. Good to keep up on sports and, more importantly, sports gossip.

Heroes

I just added this one having seen an episode last week. Looks interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spotty said...

Alright! I thought I was the only one who watched that MTV Real World/Road Rules crap....I hate Tina!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

God I miss TV shows in English...but not the Real World...how is that show still on?

10:47 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Because we all love to watch drunken idiots!

By the way, how is Real World-South Korea going?

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home