Wednesday, October 18, 2006

After Practice

Just when I think I've kept to myself so much that no one should remember me, I'm proven wrong. Last night, after band practice, I went to get a beer but I went somewhere I haven't been in ages. As I wandered around the parking lot with my IPA, someone called out my first name and it was someone I didn't recognize. It was someone I met through friends at grad school, but I can't imagine I met them more than once or twice in the last year or two. I was amazed they rememebered me by name. I wonder what I did to leave such a strong impression? I wish I was so good with names. Anyway, it was nice to have someone to talk to.

A corgi was running around and when his owner called him back I learned his name was "Ben." Then, later, I learned that was short for "Ben Folds." I asked her about the dog and it turns out his full name is "Ben Folds DC Rivers Grohl." It's too bad she's married, cause it appears either she or her dog likes a lot of the same music I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

I am always flattered when people remember me.

But then I worry that it may be the "He-seemed-so-quiet-and-nice-a-person-and-who-whould've-thought-he-would-have-done-that-kind-of-thing-and-I-am-glad-that-I-was-always-nice-to-him-although-he-creeped-me-out-and-so-maybe-that-is-why-he-didn't-kill-me-in-the-massacre" attitude.

But then, I tend to be insecure.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home