Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Weekend OK

Yeah my Sunday entry was kinda depressing and that is indeed how I felt when I wrote it. But, I did manage to have some fun and get stuff done that weekend. Saturday night I went to a Round Rock Express game. I wasn't sure I would have fun because I decided quite awhile ago that baseball is boring, but I knew actually being at the game would make up for it, and it did. Also, I have some sort of neurosis in that when I actually make plans to do something, I get worried that I might be missing out on something better, even though in all liklihood I would've probably just stayed home and did nothing anyway. So, my first instinct was to decline the invitation, but in a moment of opposite philosophy thinking, I decided to commit and went, which I should do more often. Not baseball specifically, just in general.

Another thing I managed to do while watching TV was work on a programming project. I'm a little worried, because coding seems to be the only thing I get obsessive about. I knew I had to make some progress on my project that weekend or I would end up trying to do it at work, and I couldn't afford to spend any time on it there. I wish I was obsessive about other things, like music. I guess that's the way it's always been though... in my younger years I would avoid practicing piano, but sit for hours in front of the computer writing a game or BBS or whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home