Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Truth or Consequences

Someone you may know is debating whether or not to drive to Truth or Consequences, NM, but it is a couple of hours out of his way. I stopped there when I drove from Hawaii to Georgia during my time in the Navy. There wasn't really much interesting to see there, but I think they did have one of those historical marker things if that means anything. I think I have a picture somewhere but it's too much bother to find someone to scan it.

Bob Barker was one of the hosts of Turth or Consequences and I know I loved the show because I named my first two pets "Truth" and "Consequences." I knew what "truth" meant at the time but I don't think I knew the meaning of the word "consequences." They were goldfish, by the way. I always planned on being on the Price is Right but the last time I seriously planned on going, Bob Barker had a heart attack and cancelled a month or two of tapings. But if I ever go (and it better be soon or it's going to be too late), I know what I will tell the interviewers about my goldfish (and Bob if I make it on stage).

5 Comments:

Blogger babyG said...

U R a geek ...lol

9:20 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

I'd love to be on the price is right

11:33 AM  
Blogger babyG said...

geeks !

4:07 PM  
Blogger piannist said...

I remember those fish. But now I'm thinking about those pet mice you had later. What were their names?

I know someone that was on The Price Is Right. He lost the showcase showdown, but he did win a boat.

4:45 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

The price is wrong, beotch!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home