Tuesday, March 28, 2006

One of Those Kind of Days

Why do these kind of days always happen this way.  This morning, another stupid job annoyance happened, by itself not meaning much, but enough to get me thinking about what this job is all about and why much of what I do is futile.  For the first time in a while, I fantasized about walking in to my boss' office, saying I quit and enjoying the rest of the afternoon without having to worry about any of it.

Then, this afternoon I get a call.  I've been offered a new position in the company with a huge pay increase.  I might've accepted it right then but I have another interview tomorrow for a different internal position.  I should at least see how that goes, but due to the timing I will have to decide to take the position already offered or risk losing both.  We'll see how it goes, but right now it looks like I'll be doing something new here (and exciting, at least temporarily) in a couple of weeks.

9 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

you go gurl

6:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Oh Squeezin..that is mosr excellent..I see a party with beers in your future....course that's every weekend:)

8:00 PM  
Blogger BRAE said...

Sounds like a bad day turned into a very good one.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Good luck with whatever you decide. i never feel like going to work these days.

10:38 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Blow off both jobs and move to Colorado!

8:12 AM  
Blogger piannist said...

awesome. maybe you can use some of that pay increase on a plane ticket to Massachusetts...

11:43 AM  
Blogger Spotty said...

See baby, just when you think things are sucky, something good happens. Here's to a cool new position. (I love new positions.....AAAHHHHH!!)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Once you've picked, don't even think of the other one, you can spend forever 'what if-ing'.

From the outside: is it the current job you don't like, or the current position? If it's the job, sounds like the choice is pretty clear.

5:49 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Too many options worse than little or no options? Hmmm... It sucks having to make a decision. Like ordering from a vast menu of delicious, yummy food while hungry.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home