Monday, March 13, 2006

Cover Band

I knew I was going to start asking this to myself after doing this for a few months.  So why do people like cover bands?  I mean, we concentrate so hard on trying to reproduce songs just like the recording.  So why not just play the recording?  Why isn't a DJ preferable to a cover band?  The DJ could probably fulfill more requests, too, and the audience inevitably makes requests.  I suppose I could make the same argument for non-cover bands too (a DJ could just play their album).  So I guess there's just something about live music, no matter what it is?  I don't know.  Well, I knew I would start thinking about this some, but it's not something that will make me quit.  I don't plan on being band-less for a long time.  I would be sure to have something else going first before leaving the cover band.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

I am not a big fan of cover bands, sure I enjoy them when I am at some function that has one, but I would never go out and say hey I want to see a cover band. Unless it was something like the spazmatics, which are more about a theme or gimmick

2:55 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Indeed, there is just something about live music. Maybe someday the Austin hash will realize this...

5:09 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

I think it's more about the interaction with the crowd and the band. There are times when you want to dance and sing along to songs you know and there are times when you want to hear new fresh live music.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home