Sunday, February 26, 2006

Weekend

I have to be in a pretty bad mood to post about frustrations at work, even briefly. So that was Friday. The good news is that on Friday they post the new internal job openings. One department, that had a job open up a couple weeks ago that I should have applied for, has posted three more openings on top of that one. I think I will apply for them this week.

I managed to run at Town Lake on Thursday, and actually felt a little guilty that I didn't run on Friday. And that's even with planning to take Friday off. I finally found the right way into Walnut Creek park on Saturday and today. I still don't know how I feel about making this my normal run, as I'm finding trail running a little frustrating with all the starting and stopping and not having a good idea of how far I've gone. Not to mention the lack of people. Maybe once I get a regular route worked out it will get better. Going out through Gracywoods and back on the North Star (or vice-versa) has some promise, but connecting the two involves going through some private property at the moment which makes me a little uncomfortable. It is just a parking lot, as opposed to a yard, and a church parking lot at that so I doubt I'd get shot at, but there may be a better way so I'll continue exploring.

My internet connection has been out since Friday and they are sending someone out Tuesday after 5 to troubleshoot it. It's annoying not having my connection, but some neighbor's wireless is filling in quite nicely. I'm even happier I bought this laptop now.

This weekend I was hoping to get my place cleaned up and program my keyboard for some new songs we are learning. Neither of those got done. I will have to straighten up a bit before the cable guy comes. Yes it's that bad.

I got the motorcycle out for a ride to get some food tonight. The sound of it running was exciting to hear after three weeks. It almost makes me want to wait another three weeks so I can have that feeling again.

Tomorrow work will probably be painful for me, but not because of me. I can only tell people so many times to get something done before I give up.

4 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

I know a few ways in without crossing private property. My ankle should be okay soon can show you sometime

10:05 AM  
Blogger Robert Matney said...

Any chance you have a mapmyrun.com or gmap-pedestrian route of a run through Walnut Creek?

I'm looking for a route for tomorrow (Saturday) morning with some friends. 3-4 miles would be ideal.

1:16 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Sorry I saw your message too late. I don't have a GPS map handy anyway. Even though I live pretty close I don't run there at all anymore--I need others around me for motivation and I always feel so alone in that huge park.

Hope you had fun, and didn't get lost!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Robert Matney said...

Thank you for taking the time to reply! Happy running.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home