Friday, February 10, 2006

Let There Be Light. And a 2x16 Character Display.

After practice last night I dove back in and tried to get my new LCD to work again.  After resoldering a few connections I came up with the genious realization that I could use the old cable if I fashioned a plug from the opposite side of the PCB.  This has the effect of reversing the odd pins for the even ones, which is what all of the instructions online say to do.  Except for pins 1, 2, and 3, and for those I just bent the pins over on the LCD so I could connect them separately.  To my amazement I turned it on and it worked.  It brought a tear to me eye, really it did.  I haven't had a working display on my keyboard for over three years.  All I need to do now is get a potentiometer soldered in so I can adjust the LCD contrast to the right level.

I need to be reminded not to be messing around with electronic stuff after a few drinks.  One of these days I'm going to break something.

4 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

drink more

10:52 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

Messing around with electronic stuff after a few drinks is a lot better than messing around with fat chicks after a few drinks! Uh, I mean, that's what Fish told me...

11:00 AM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

dude we have all seen the pictures from the Skunkweed Bus Trip, I don't know if that fat chic you hooked up with was licking her chops cuz she finally found someone drunk enough to bang her, or she was going to eat you for a midnight snack. You really need to stop introducing yourself to fat chics as Brownie, it gives them the wrong idea.

11:33 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

What pics? I often hear about these pics but I've never seen them. Besides, there would never be any fat chicks at a Skunkweed show!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home