Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Upgrade

I guess I'll be holding off on getting a new keyboard for awhile, as I've found myself investing in upgrades to my old one.  I'm waiting for a $50 Flash RAM card from ebay to arrive, and this will enable my keyboard to play custom samples.  I should be able to use it for any special effects any song needs at that point.  It's amazing I've had this keyboard for about ten years and have never bought one of these.

Even though I don't really need it anymore, I located a replacement LCD for $15.  The only problem is that the pinout is slightly different than the OEM part, so I need to construct the connection between the LCD and keyboard myself.  Last night, I rather foolishly decided to try wire-wrapping the connections together rather than constructing a new ribbon cable.  It didn't work—or maybe it did, except that I forgot to reconnect some other cables before trying it out.  I had torn it all apart before I noticed the missing connection.  Making a new cable is the right way to go, anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

totally the right way to go

10:31 AM  
Blogger babyG said...

ya what he said

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home