Sunday, February 05, 2006

Great Gig

I would take this time to thank y'all for coming out to my show last night, but since none of you did, I won't. It turns out I didn't need your support anyway (this time), as our demographic of middle-aged white guys and gals were out in force, as well as a few twenty-something rednecks that have the same appreciation for classic rock. We did good, real good. The waitress even commented that we were the some of the best Goddamn music they've had there in a long time. We'll have to learn the 'Rackety Ole 97' when we come back. Our tips were through the roof; my share was $35 and we have five band members--you do the math. That's on top of our regular pay which is more than that (again, per person). In total per hour it approaches what I make at my (real) job, not bad! My program didn't crash at all and worked exactly as designed. So well infact that I may even set it aside for awhile while I work on more musical goals. I am already playing two harmonica solos on the keyboard (that's so g**) and I can't let that go any further. We've got the mic, I've got the harmonica: it's time to do this right. Our next show is in downtown Austin and pays $$$+, but, sorry, you're not invited--it's a private gig.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Sqeezin, glad you recovered and had a great show. It's fab that your in a band that actually makes money...what a concept:). Kudos to you!

5:56 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

sorry i couldn't make the show, I opted to stay in on Friday, didn't even make the Cowboys

9:04 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Sorry to have missed your killer show, but I only made one thing on my list of 4 events that night!

I hadn't seen my non-hasher friends since November, so I HAD to go to their happy hour.

When's the next non-private gig?

11:20 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

I remember the old days, when your band was about the music and the fans. Nice to see you've all sold out.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Selling out pays the bills brownie

4:24 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

And it's a strange comment seeing how all I've been in is cover bands for the last five years. Since when is being in a cover band about the music? It's not even ours!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home