Friday, February 03, 2006

Gig Prep

It took me until 5 pm yesterday to finally start getting ready for the gig tonight.  I wish I could get myself to start sooner, because once I start I really get into it and enjoy getting ready.  "Getting ready" includes everything: listening to songs, practicing them, programming instruments, debugging my program.  I'm happy with how everything is progressing with the possible exception of my playing abilities.  For instance, I should really have the piano solo at the end of Sweet Home Alabama mastered at this point.  It was an audition song so I've had about two months now.  And I could master it if I just focused on it for an hour, or less even.  It reminds me of taking piano lessons.  I was supposed to practice half an hour a day.  Inevitably, I would not practice and spend a half an hour or an hour on the day of my next lesson going through stuff.  I put that little effort in, yet many times there was noticeable improvement in my performance at that next lesson.  I think a lot of kids probably didn't practice, yet didn't improve much.  Or even worse, they put in a lot of time and effort and didn't improve much.  Wow that makes me feel kind of guilty.  I imagine if I practiced every day I could've been quite the pianist.  Wasted talent—I should change my blog title.

I am feeling quite a bit better today, but you might want to hold off another day or two if you feel the need to make out with me, just in case.

1 Comments:

Blogger babyG said...

well good luck and have fun, I have to stay home and be a mom...lol I think I'm going to take Sarah out driving for the first time

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home