Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First Post

I don't know where this entry is going, but let me start by wishing everyone a Happy New Year. I had fun New Year's Eve, but sometime during party #3 I started not feeling so good and had to crash early (granted this will still way after midnight). Could it have been due to something I don't usually drink, like champagne? Or the wings? I dunno, but I don't feel that bad very often.

Sunday afternoon I managed to roll my ankle (the right one as usual) after only running about a quarter of a mile. So I figured that would prevent me from running for awhile, which may be one of the few things that puts me in a good mood lately. Thankfully it was not so bad--the pain is practically gone now and I may try a run to Walnut Creek from my apartment tonight.

Sunday evening was pretty cool cause I really enjoyed Sunny Sweeney's band at Poodle Dog. I'm going to have to go and see her again soon. Redd Volkaert must enjoy her music as well as he was in the audience.

I haven't heard back from the band I auditioned for yet. Maybe it's too soon to find out, as maybe they still have more guys to try out. I thought I did pretty well. I guess all that matters though is that I'm glad I did it and will keep doing it until I get something going.

Things are going alright yet I'm not in the best mood this morning. Maybe it's the fact that it's the first normal day of the year and nothing seems any different. Just the same old thing. Someone reminded me Sunday, life is f'ed up. Ain't that the truth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gagger said...

I twisted my right ankle during Sunday's hash as well. Guess I didn't feel the pain yet due to all the alcohol running through my system b/c I danced quite a bit at the Poodle Dog that evening!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

I should've gone to the poodle dog

2:55 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Sunny is cool to see even better was JT insisting he was taking her home that night. She used to be our stop after Jinny's on Sundays

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home