Friday, December 30, 2005

Audition

I auditioned for a cover band last night. Don't laugh, if you saw me at TXIH '03, AH3 1069, or AH3 20th you saw me in a cover band and you liked it! Since that's the only thing I've been doing musically for the past several years, I figured I might as well get with a band with a regular gig--especially since my psuedo-band members have all moved out of state.

True to my nature, I expected the audition to be much more difficult than it actually was. I always manage to assume that doing something is impossible, and it takes a lot of effort to convince myself that there might be a chance. Also true to my nature, I procrastinated as long as I could to get ready. Wednesday night I spent practicing 9 or so songs, in addition to programming my keyboard which took several hours. So, not alot of time spent per song. I didn't have time to master a couple of solos I wanted to, but I don't think it mattered so much. I was pretty nervous, especially after one band member said that they had auditioned someone else earlier that night. By the end of the hour audition I was finally comfortable, having a couple beers and being complemented on my ability probably helped a bit. I don't know if I'm in yet, but they are going to make a decision shortly as they have a gig later this month.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Hey..good on you for getting back into it. I need to do the same...plan to get into a few musicals this new year. I MUST get back into singing....

10:09 AM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

you rocked at the 20th. Everyone had a great time

11:04 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

Your band sucks!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Squeezin..let me know if you play somewhere.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Good luck hoss

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home