Monday, December 12, 2005

Three Things

Several months ago, right before all of my boring moving entries, I was hanging out at the local watering hole, once again finding myself being encouraged by a friend to stop renting and buy some property. I responded that I still wasn't sure if I wanted to settle in Austin, especially since I didn't really have anything going for me here. I rather spontaneously came up with some criteria for staying in Austin. Three things: a job [that I like], a girlfriend, and a band. Having zero of these things, I decided that if in a year I had two out of the three I would stick around. It took me another month or so to realize that my best chances for getting any of these involve staying here, so.. well I guess I'll have to come up with another BS reason to stay a renter. In the last several months I have taken at least some action to work towards two of the three. The other one however... no progress.

6 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Why is everyone whining about girlfriends nowadays? Having one sucks, all they do is nag. To keep your mind off it, go work on the much awaited ball point pen blog.

3:02 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I have a fever and the only cure is more ball point pen blog

3:39 PM  
Blogger piannist said...

You know my friends always have crushes on you. If you lived in MA, you'd be all set. Of course, this would be ignoring the whole "do these three things to stay in Austin" part.

1:14 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Or you could move here and make friends, then he would have two less things to do. :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I think the line of reasoning is:
-sister moves here
-sister makes friends
-friend(s) develop crush on me
-I go out with sister's friend(s)

I'm not sure what the other thing is though

11:58 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

werd yo, good plan.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home