Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Start

Today I tried to restart some sort of exercise routine with mixed results. I don't think I've done anything closely resembling exercise for the last two weeks, so I should be happy that I at least got out there and tried (a little) at least. I'm still not too familiar with my neighborhood so after about ten minutes of running I found myself completely turned around from where I intended to go. I meant to get to Walnut Creek Park but didn't end up finding the entrance I was looking for. I did eventually make it there indirectly, but turned around shortly after getting there. Looking at the map I'd guess I did 4-5 miles of running and walking, the bad thing being that it was mostly walking. After that first ten minutes I ran sporadically, probably not for more than a minute or two at a time. I'm guessing I ran less than 25 minutes total. Oh well, it's a start. But it's going to be hard to continue considering I'll be spending a week in Wisconsin starting this Thursday. I like running in cold weather, but considering the trouble I had today I know it's going to be tough doing anything at all up there.

2 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

So you got lost and was so disgruntled about it, you skipped the hash

9:21 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Nope, I had already decided to skip it before my run which was later in the day. Though it did kind of turn into a solo hash, sans the beer.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home