Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Badgers Victorious

Yesterday was a great day for the home team. It was Barry Alvarez's last game coaching for the Wisconsin Badgers. Here is a guy that took over a horrible football program (a 9-36 record previous four years) my freshman year, and, by my senior year, coached Wisconsin to their first Rose Bowl win. I didn't know whether I was going to head out to watch the Capital One Bowl vs. Auburn yesterday, but after a strong Badger start (in which Auburn's first two possessions resulted in turnovers) I knew I couldn't watch this alone. I headed down to a downtown sports bar where both Auburn and Wisconsin alumni had gathered. The #21 ranked Badgers dominated #7 Auburn for the entire game, winning 24-10. What a way to send off Wisconsin's winningest football coach.

2 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Did I mention that Pitt beat Wisconsin the other day?

1:01 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Not here. I don't know if you noticed, but I was talking about football, not basketball. We'll see how those two basketball teams are fairing when the tourney starts.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home